How to Apply for Financial Aid
Financial Aid Application Checklist
If you’d like to track your completed steps through the aid process print the checklist below for tracking your progress. It is critical you check your Highline College student email account in case we request more information after reviewing your application.
These steps are only completed once each academic year, July 1-June 30.
- Determine from your SAR if your application was selected for Verification. If selected, visit the portal to find out which Verification Worksheet you must complete. View Verification Worksheets.
- Provide a tax transcript if you or your parents did not use the IRS data retrieval tool or tax filing information was changed after using the retrieval tool. Request a Tax Transcript directly from the IRS by going to their website irs.gov or by calling 1-800-908-9946.
- If your citizenship status is not confirmed on your FAFSA bring your I-94, I-151, I-551 (green card, permanent resident card), or U.S. Passport, etc. to the Financial Aid Office and we will make a copy.
- If your Selective Service status is not confirmed on your FAFSA, you must provide proof of Selective Service registration or proof you entered the United States after your 26th birthday and were, therefore, not required to register with Selective Service. Find the application at sss.gov.
- Provide any other documents may be required, such as a copy of your social security card, high school diploma, or GED.
- Provide proof of regained eligibility for financial aid from the Department of Education if you are in default on a federal student loan or owe a repayment on a federal grant.
Check the status of your financial aid by using the financial aid portal. Through the portal you can see if your application has been reviewed and if you need to provide us with more information, you can see your awards, and verify information that you have turned in. Access your Financial Aid Portal.